▼

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Wardrobe Challenge.

I bought my wardrobe from a second hand shop a few months back and painted it up to look pretty. It's a super cute, 1940's "gentlemen's" wardrobe, which essentially means - it doesn't fit all my clothes.



As quirky and interesting my wardrobe looks on the outside, I have to say I don't feel like my clothing reflects this quite as much as I'd like it to, but I'm sure every girl feels like that. Right?

I like to pick pieces at random. I have no thought as to what it should go with and unfortunately there are no 'wardrobe essentials' as Gok drums into all his viewers. So as I stand every morning looking at my wardrobe thinking "I have absolutely NOTHING to wear" I usually end up wearing the same things over and over.

So, I've set a challenge to myself...
(In true Ted Mosby style "if you haven't used it in a year")

Each item in my wardrobe is going to be worn, from one end to the other over the next few weeks - or months (I may well be underestimating the amount of clothing I have). Anything I feel like I don't want to wear is being revamped into something I do want to wear or going to charity! 


It's a hard thing for me. I have so many sentimental items of clothing that never get worn but just sit when they could be of so much more use to someone else. I built E&W on the ethos of reviving clothing, something I should adopt in my own wardrobe and I feel now is the time!

Ill be posting every few days my collection of outfits and challenge you lovely followers to do the same! 


Its Summer clean out time
♥
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment