Thursday, April 26, 2012

Neglected…

It-s been a long 2 weeks for us at E&W, We've had an amazing dress to make very quickly with a little over 100 appliques being meticulously cut out and hand sewn back on along with 7 meters of edging, between being ill and minor mistakes which have caused major problems, its all coming to an end!
With any luck being finished JUST in time for the wedding… which is Saturday…
So over the 2 weeks I feel like I have neglected a lot… the shop, my blog, socialization, my camera and myself! And I’m going to put that right!
This weekend is pamper weekend, catch up on sleep and sort this neck ache out, I also plan on getting my little camera back in action, fashion or non fashion related…
Anyway! Here’s a few pictures of the dress so far, there are minor issues of sewing in the lining, the hem and the buttons / button loops to put in but apart from that all is going well after my mental breakdown earlier after I managed to snap my sewing needle 6 times trying to go through 11 layers of fabric..


The lace looks absolutely stunning and pictures will never do it justice! It’s so heavily beaded and intricate and it weighs an absolute ton!



The sleeve was a panel from the edging of the skirt, it makes the cutest little cap sleeve! It took so long to get it to sit right, and between the hand sewing and the machine stitching and the lining it took ridiculously long to put it in, but I absolutely love it!
The train is the perfect length - Im so excited to see her in it!! It still looks completely unfinished to me at the moment because there are so many little things to adjust and the buttons to add in, I really hope people can see how much time and effort and design have gone into this dress because I think it is absolutely beautiful!


We just cant be E&W without the personal touch - so the freehand embroidered tag with antique ‘something old’ lace for good luck.
I’m so happy to have got the chance to make this dress - something I would never have got to do without Alice. Having not made a lot of dresses for people it’s hard to build up a reputation - but I hope after seeing this people will see what I can do - I love that it’s not just dressmaking - nothing can ever be that easy for us!
In other news…
In totally non-wedding related news, I’m super excited for the Diamond Jubilee in Powis - so much so that I’ve refused to get rid of a recent purchase - a late 1950’s Jean Allen beige lace tea dress! One of the most beautiful things I’ve seen that fits me so perfectly it could have been made for me! It’s my outfit for the day along with a vintage fur stole and some little kitten heels, styling the vintage look!
We’re also mid talks of setting up the on-line shop! wooo! A fab friend is setting up everything we’ve talked about, a meeting next week with a few design idea’s to bring it all together and we should be away! Get ready to search our market for hand-made and vintage… could be the start of something much bigger! 
Watch this space…
E&W ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment