Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ethical Party Outfit Inspiration

Sarah here again! :) I can't believe how quickly this year how flown by - how is Christmas party season upon us already?! It seems like just yesterday it was June but apparently the calendar I'm using is way off because it's almost December people and that means you're probably starting to think about what you're going to wear to all of those Christmas dos you've been invited to. 

If you're anything like me you're also starting to panic a little bit about it but worry not, I'm here to help! :)

At this time of year the shops are full to bursting with fast fashion - cheap to buy but also cheaply made - but these pieces aren't always designed to last. Instead of buying a dress that you'll wear once and then realise it's falling apart slightly (we've all been there right?) I've put together a couple of outfit choices made entirely from ethical fashion pieces. It can be done! :)

If you normally spend your money on throwaway pieces, I challenge you to buy something from an ethical retailer instead - boost your wardrobe and your karma! :)

First up I've put together a look for the bold among you - shorts! Patterns! Crop tops! Before you write this outfit off as unwearable or only for the skinny among you: those gorgeous shorts are high waisted and everyone knows that patterns are born to clash with each other. Don't be afraid to mix it up a bit this year (tights optional if you're brave enough to face the weather!).




I've also put together a look featuring a gorgeous (& flattering to most shapes!) dress, in case the thought of wearing shorts in December leaves you feeling a bit chilly. It's okay - I understand.


If you prefer not to wear real diamonds then try this quirky 'diamond' pair of earrings instead (I love these!). Add in a pair of vegan shoes, splurge on a 1940s clutch if you can afford it and you should have an outfit for every occasion :) 

What are you wearing to your Christmas party this year? If you're struggling to find ethical retailers to take your pennies then let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to find you something amazing. After all, everyone deserves to look amazing no matter what the occasion, right? :)

Love

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment