Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Wardrobe Challenge.

I bought my wardrobe from a second hand shop a few months back and painted it up to look pretty. It's a super cute, 1940's "gentlemen's" wardrobe, which essentially means - it doesn't fit all my clothes.



As quirky and interesting my wardrobe looks on the outside, I have to say I don't feel like my clothing reflects this quite as much as I'd like it to, but I'm sure every girl feels like that. Right?

I like to pick pieces at random. I have no thought as to what it should go with and unfortunately there are no 'wardrobe essentials' as Gok drums into all his viewers. So as I stand every morning looking at my wardrobe thinking "I have absolutely NOTHING to wear" I usually end up wearing the same things over and over.

So, I've set a challenge to myself...
(In true Ted Mosby style "if you haven't used it in a year")

Each item in my wardrobe is going to be worn, from one end to the other over the next few weeks - or months (I may well be underestimating the amount of clothing I have). Anything I feel like I don't want to wear is being revamped into something I do want to wear or going to charity! 


It's a hard thing for me. I have so many sentimental items of clothing that never get worn but just sit when they could be of so much more use to someone else. I built E&W on the ethos of reviving clothing, something I should adopt in my own wardrobe and I feel now is the time!

Ill be posting every few days my collection of outfits and challenge you lovely followers to do the same! 


Its Summer clean out time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment