Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hello, I'm Sophie...

Remember me? I've been hibernating for a little while to get the new shop on track and all of our lovely brides looking beautiful for their individual special days! After all, it's mid wedding season and I've been super busy creating the dresses of dreams

So much so, that it's been a little while since I've got to design anything for myself! Inspiration has been everywhere with wonderful brides sending me image after image, Paris Haute Couture fashion week (always excited to see Marchesa!) and endless Autumn/Winter 13/14 updates in all the magazines, but with being booked up until mid August isn't giving me much time to get drawing.

Marchesa - Pre collection S/S 14

After having a lovely read of Lionheart Magazine today (available in store!) it's got me more inspired than ever. The wonderful interviews with artists and makers, couple and founders of The Green Kitchen, an account of a week in New York (the travel bug starts biting whenever I read about NY) and a wonderful illustrated article on Silhouette, the magazine is packed full of interesting people and ideas.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure where I'm getting at with this! With 2 beautiful dresses being collected tomorrow, a lot of weight is off my shoulders! Maybe i'll fit in a little time to design soon, after all I'm a midnight designer! Hopefully to be made before the end of year...

No comments:

Post a Comment