Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sewing bee

Finally, national television has recorded and broadcasted the undeniable proof that sewing doesn't just belong to old ladies with ten cats. Yes, I'm talking about the Great British Sewing Bee. The second episode is on BBC2 tomorrow night, and I couldn't be more excited!
I loved everything about the program. From the location, set in the old textiles district of London, to the contestants, which include old and young, men and women, working mums and truck drivers, it's great! Surrounded by sewing machines, fabrics, lines and needles, the contestants stitch their way through all sorts of challenges, knowing that at the end there can be only one winner [insert the highlander soundtrack here!].
But my favourite thing about the GBSB was the fact that they featured an upcycling challenge in their first programme! Seeing people on national television working on the neckline of an old t-shirt, and transforming something dull into something full of zest and personality, planted a big smile on my face. It really made me proud about all my upcycled creations and inspired me to do even more.
So, now it is my turn to inspire all you sewing bees out there. Grab an old t-shirt, search "t-shirt upcyling" on pinterest and go completely bonkers!
If it goes wrong, well at least you won't have much to loose... just an old t-shirt! :)

Image credits: Pinterest board by Stephanie Quintal

No comments:

Post a Comment